Monday, April 1, 2013

For richer or for poorer (one shot part one)



Hi u guys iont really like one shots but this is for my sissy consider this your annoying ass birthday chapter... Love you guys please comment..

Thick glasses long nails and hair down her back. Her skin was the color of coffee cream and she had the prettiest smile you ever seen. She always flashed her pearly whites and he made sure he sat in her serving section. He was a regular on Saturday nights and always made sure to tip well.

" hi im onika your server for today can I take your order."

"Yeah can I have the lobster tail special."

"Ok and what sides did you want sir?"

"Let me get the mixed veggies."

"And your salad?"

"The Cesar salad would be great."

"Ok that salad will be out in a few minutes."

"Water for that drink too with lemon on the side." He said handing her the menu back.

"Ok I got you." She said flashing that smile that always put a strong hold on his heart.

She knew he only drank water when he came in with three lemons. He didn't need to tell her that. Truth be told she knew he would order the special to she just asked in case today he wanted something different. Making her way to her other tables she began taking orders from some high school kids eating out after their home coming dance. She hated serving younger people because they constantly asked for more bread and never left a tip.

"I'm onika your server for tonight.."

"Onika? Ha ha the fuck kind of name?"

"Excuse me?"

"Nothing ma you got a fat ass though is that on the menu."

"Excuse me?" She said crossing her arms shifting her weight on her back foot. She now had an attitude out of this world.

"Damn you need a hearing aid to go with them glasses?"

"Naw but you gone need a donut to go with this ass whooping I'm about to give you."

"You can't say that to me."

"But you can say what ever you feel necessary to me huh?"

"Bitch ill get you fired!"

"Bitch look little boy try me!"

"Is it a problem here?"

"Ha ha man who are you captain save a hoe?"

"Watch who you talking to."

"Man what!" one of the boys said getting out of the booth.

"I suggest you sit."

"Or what dawg?"

"Sir this really isn't necessary I'm ok I get people like them all the time."

"I'm good I'm not trying to cause no trouble but I will teach them a thing or two." He said pushing the boy who looked no older then 16 down in the booth making him slide over.

" ok I'm going to go put the orders in."

"Onika is it?"

"Yes."

"Ok I'm going to need you guys to give my friend onika here an apology."

"What nigga you got me fucked up I'm not saying sorry to no bottle cap wearing bitch!"

He squoze onto the boys neck tighter.

"Man ok ok. I'm sorry."

"That's all I know you have a lot of work to do."

"Thanks um?"

"Prince."

"Your name is prince."

"My name is dark prince. Why does it bother you young blood?"

"What type of bitch ass name is dark prince."

"It's funny you should ask let me school you. See on the streets somewhere you three clearly haven't been people feed you a lot of bull shit. And you see me I don't have time for bull shit."

Onika stood by the wall with her note pad up to her mouth hiding her smile. She loved that he was taking up for her she listened as he finished talking to the kids.

"what you just dealt to a waiter that was putting the order for my food at a time when I'm hungry was bull shit. Funny story you listening?"


"Yeah man we hear you."

"Ok you hear me young blood but are you listening?"

"Yeah."

"So one day this cat that works for me came and gave me some bad news. He was short with my money. Truth be told he stole from me tried to say he was robbed. Two things I don't play with my food and my money. I was cooking for my sisters something we didn't even end up eating I chopped off this niggas fingers and blended them in the blender mixed it with the stuffing for my turkey and sent it to his family. The lesson today is watch who you fuck with because one day you may fuck with the wrong nigga." He said as he played with the knives at the table setting them down.

"Yo sorry dude."

"What you saying story to me for I don't need that shit."

"I'm just saying sorry for interrupting your dinner man we don't want no problems."

"Oh so now you understand?"

"Yeah man we get it the older looking boy said as he wrapped his arm around his girl."

Onika was in a daze she couldn't believe what she just overheard. She could see him getting up to go back to his table snapping out of her daze she got back to work.getting the kids orders first then grabbing his meal. She walked over to his table setting the bread down then his salad. She went back for the rest of his food and came back setting it on the table also with his water and three lemons. She was turning to leave and doubled back taking the seat in the booth across from him.

"Can I help you ms onika?" He said not looking up from his salad or his phone.

"Can you?" She said with question with her hand on her chin.

"You tell me." He said placing his phone on the table looking up at her now.

"Well what you said back there."

"Oh you heard?"

"Yeah was that true."

"Naw most of it was a lie."

"Most of it what parts?"

"The finger part."

"Oh."

"Yeah." He said dryly replying to a text.

She got up to leave and he pulled at her hand. She stopped in her tracks and looked back.

"Yeah?"

"Sit. Take a load off."

"I don't think I should."

"Aren't y'all closed?"

"Yeah but I got other tables."

"Do they have food?"

"Yes but."

"I just need five minutes of your time."

"Ok."

"You got a man?"

"No I'm doing this shit focused on school at the moment."

"What school?"

"Juilliard."

"Wait.. you.. Juilliard?"

"Yeah don't sound so surprised."

"Not surprised you look smart."

"Oh really now."

"Yeah."

"This how you paying for school?" He said looking around at the half empty restaurant.

"Nope." She said popping the p at the end looking at her nails. "This is how the bills get paid I got a full ride to Juilliard."

"Beauty and brains I like that."

"Thanks for the compliment prince but I think I should get back to work."

"Wait."

"Yeah?"

"Can I have your number?"

"Really?"

"What you mean really didn't I ask."

"Yeah but I don't get it."

"What is it to get?"

"I mean you come in here all the time I mean like as long as I've worked here and I've been here for a year now. You sit in my section all the time and you only come in here days I'm working my shift."

"Yeah so?"

"I mean all this time and your just now asking. What's the deal?"

"No deal I just had to make sure I liked you."

"You had to make sure you liked me?"

"Ain't that what I just said."

"Well what makes you so sure?"

"Your mouth."

"My mouth."

"Yeah."

"What you mean by that."

"You say how you feel when you feel and you don't have a problem with asking questions you want answers to."

"And your just now seeing that."

"Yup. Now are you going to give me your number or not? I mean you do have other customers and I'm in the middle of a meal I'm sure you guys would want me out of here so you can close this place."

"I guess I can give you my number."

" that's funny I didn't take you as the guessing type."

"You don't know me though."

"I know enough."

"Is that right?" She said now giving him a stare down.

"Yup."

"Tell me about my self."

"Judging by the way you speak your from queens. Your quiet for the most part but you can get loud if the settings and time is right. Your about your business judging how you have a full ride to an expensive school attractive no boyfriend working this busted shit only to pay the bills." He said tossing his napkin on the table pushing his pinky ring up on his finger and removing his car keys from his pocket with a large stack of bills. " must I tell you all I know or are you going to put your number in my phone so I can leave and you can get back to work?"

"Give it here." She said with her hand out.

He smiled as he placed the phone in her hand. She put her number in the phone and stood to go clean tables.

"Ill call you."

"When?"

"When the time is right."

"Have a great night prince."

"You too onika." He said winking at her as he tossed the three hundred dollar bills on the table.

"That's more than what that meal is worth." She yelled at him as he left.

"Ever heard of a tip?" He said as they both shared a laugh.

................

"Onika!"

"Yeah ma!"

"Will you drop caiah off at school for me? I know you only came to type your paper but I'm running late."

"I got it ma go."

"Will I see you later for lanis dinner?"

"Ima try ma no promises."

"Ill deal with trying." Her mother said as the door closed behind her.

"Caiah?"

"Yea?"

"You ready?"

"No."

"Don't slow poke around because you know I'm taking you to school I know what time you have to be there."

"Aww man."

"Got ya."

"Can I just go with you?"

"Nope I'm going to school too." She said stuffing her paper in her back pack throwing it over her shoulder.

"Is your school fun?"

"No but I have to go if I want to be smart."

"But you are smart."

"And how did I get this way lambchop?"

"You were born with it?"

"No un like my arms and legs I wasn't born with it I went to school now lets go." She said taking an apple off the counter taking a bite.

She pulled up to caiah s school and put her BMW in park. She made sure he has all his things kissed his forehead and watched as he crossed the street. He got to the steps of the school and waved and she blew him a kiss. She drove off to hit the freeway so she wouldn't be late her self.

Her stereo system beat against the trunk as she pulled into a parking space in her school parking lot. Once she got there her friend Payton saw her in the halls walking to her first class.

"Nika bear what's poppin?"

"Nothing girl how was that party last night."

"Yo it was dope I'm telling you you should of came."

"And I told you I had to workkkk." Nicki said mocking the girl taking her seat in the class."

"Well it's one tonight wanna go?"

"What's it for?"

"Idk some dude my nigga calls dp throwing it its suppose to be a hype event."

"Where at?"

"Some spot down town you coming?"

"Ask me after class ima check the schedule now to make sure I don't come in. If not I'm down."

"Yesss girl we bout to have fun."

"I'm driving or you?"

"You got the BMW you drive so we can be cute."

"Girl you a trip ok."

Class started and onika was focused. She hated the Spanish class they put her in she didn't see how it was relevant to her acting. And if she didn't pay attention for a second she was going to miss something. It was a two hour class and the two hours passed by quickly. That was her only class for the day so she packed up her things to go home. Tt had already sent her the text saying that she was not on the shift tonight so she was free to go out with Payton.

Driving up to her home she parked her car and got out. She went up the stairs of her studio apartment and into her spare room which worked as a closet for her. She searched for the black fitted dress and the pink heels she bought to go with it. She looked in the full length mirror for a while trying to figure out what hairstyle would look good with it. She decided to was her hair and go with her natural curly look. She decided to take a nap closing her eyes for laying back on her bed as sleep took over her.

..............

Nickis phone rang at eight she looked at it seeing Payton's name flash across the screen.

" nika pick uppp nika pick up."

"Mmm hello."

"Ewww girl what you doin?"

"I was sleep."

"Well girl wake ya ass up I'm on my way over."

"Ok I should be ready by the time you get here." Onika said running her hand over her face.

"Ok get the crust out ya eyes and let's go we gone have fun girl."

"Yeah yeah yeah." Nicki said dragging her feet to the bathroom starting the shower.

She took a quick shower washing her hair In The process. She stepped out spraying her first layer of Chloe on her body including her hair. Sitting on her bed in her towel she took her baby lotion making sure to get every inch of her body. She hated when her skin felt dry or even looked it for that matter. Once done she stepped into her dress checking how she looked in the mirror. This dress fit her curves just right and the cut in the front stopped just below her belly button. She slipped on her gold and pink pumps and fluffed at her hair. Grabbing her gold bamboo earrings she slipped them I her ear and sprayed another layer of Chloe perfume. The door bell rang and onika grabbed her purse and was on her way down.

"You get dressed quick."

"I knew what I wanted to wear and how I wanted my hair so all I had to do was shower and make up my face."

"That's what I'm talking about us smart bad bitches gotta stick together."

"What?" Nicki said looking at her confused.

"Nothing girl."

"Where this place at."

"A few blocks down from your restaurant."

"Ok just let me know."

"Yeah I won't let you pass it."

They danced to the music and onika listened to Payton talk about this guy like he was god. She just rolled her eyes and ignored her for a while.

"Payton girl where this place at?"

"Right here nika."

"Oh." onika said turning into the parking lot."

The line was long but good thing Payton called her friend to come get them it was cold and onika barley had on anything.

"So what's ya friends name?"

"I call her nika but her whole name is onika."

"Why don't you just call her onika then."

"I don't know baby I just like calling her nika."

"Well hi onika it's nice to meet you I'm..."

"Joe I know I've heard alot about you."

"Really only good things I hope."

"Yeah only good things."

"Well let me introduce y'all to my crew."

They walked up the stairs to the VIP section and she saw him. He sat with a bottle of ciroc in his hand in a glass in the other. His legs were crossed and he looked her way.

"Oh shit!"

"What?"

"Nothing."

"You sure?"

"Yeah Payton I'm sure."

"Ok."

"Ladies this is prince, James, doc, tank, vak, Rex, and that little nigga over there is tony."

"Y'all this my girl Payton and her friend onika is it?"

"Yeah."

"Onika."

"Nice to meet all of you fellas." The girls said in unison.

Nicki sat on the couch opposite of prince crossing her legs with a new found drink Payton gave to her in her hand. She sat observing her surroundings In Deep thought looking down at the dance floor not noticing it was now just her and prince.

"Why don't you go dance?"

"By my self umm no ill pass."

"Just ask ill go with you."

"I'm good."

"Never took you for the shy type."

"But then again like I told you last night you don't know me."

"I know you want to dance."

"Do you?"

"Yeah finish ya drink then come dance with me." He said leaving down the stairs to join his boys on the dance floor.

Nicki watched from the VIP as Payton danced with joe she saw prince motion for her to come down she just smiled and leaned on the banister. Her eyes darted across the room searching the spot he once was but he was gone.

Ok you guys this is why I hate one shots because I never know when to stop... Two parts to this the other will be posted tomorrow hope you liked it...


5 comments:

  1. April I know I’m not suppose to say this BUT I can’t wait for the next chapter!!!! THANK You Sissy ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naw that lil nigga was mad rude. Nicki shoulda threw some water on him. Prince tryna get at the kid. And is prince safaree or what

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this chapter. SB put those dudes in they place, they was actin all big and bad but Safaree shut that shit down. Aw Nic playin hard to get, she know she want prince so she need to stop frontin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes prince is that niggah! Teaching them little kids their lesson. Nicki tryna be all cute. But where the hell he go so quick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this oneshot so far. Its pretty good.

    ReplyDelete