Sunday, March 31, 2013

Shana

Shana

Nicki leaving the hospital...

"Mrs samules your leaving us so soon?"

"Yes but ill be back for my check up for them to see if I need to start my chemotherapy."

" who's going to get me in trouble for sneaking them late night snacks now since your mommys going home with you shana?"

"You got her in trouble nicki!"

"Well yeah but Safaree you know I like to snack when I wake up in the middle of the night."

"What happened to your cranberries and almonds."

"What do you think happened to them I ate them Safaree. Such a stupid question. Did you get all her things?"

"Yes."

"What about y'all your stuff?"

"Got that too?"

"My stuff?"

"Do you see any of it?"

"Ok smart ass."

"But just last week I was the dummy copying mommys test."

"Safaree shut up."

Nicki hadn't put shana down since the doctor gave her the all clear for her to hold her she slept with her. Walked the halls with her safaree was pretty sure if it wasn't nasty for her to go to the bathroom with her she would.

She searched the room one more time making sure not to leave anything behind as they headed for the door. Safaree picked shana off the floor and followed behind nicki.

"Is Amy home because I won't need her much?"

"No I told her you would call when u needed her."

"Ok mommy and julani back in NYC?"

"Yes they called this morning."

"Is the baby's room done?"

"Onika chill!"

"I just want to know that the paint smell isn't still in the room Safaree."

"It's fine."

"Is the house clean Safaree you haven't been being a slob have you?"

"Onika that's what we hired Amy for everything is how you like it."

"Well I don't know that I still haven't seen her room."

"Her room is fine."

"Your definition of fine and my definition of fine two different things Safaree."

"Ok onika."

Nicki placed her hand behind his neck pulling on the tiny hairs. She smiled and looked out the window then back at the baby seat.

"You know we aren't allowed to do anything for a few months?"

"Yeah I know."

"Your going to be good with that right."

"Yup."

"I'm happy I get to sleep in my own bed with my husband and my shades that don't open until I open them."

"Are you now?"

"Yes the nights you went home I couldn't sleep stayed up thinking."

"About."

"You really want to know."

"Is it something sad?"

"Some not all."

"Then no I want you to enjoy your first day home."

"Ok. What's for dinner?"

"Want me to cook or you wanna eat out?"

"Eat out." They both said in unison.. " Pauz ." Nicki said after they laughed at the answer they both gave..

.........

8pm

Nicki finally decided it was time for shana to get use to her room. She still didn't know what the inside of the room look like because she went straight to her room once they got home.

Safaree placed his towel from his shower on the closet door and hopped in bed.

" noooo get up faree come show us her room. Nicki said taking shana off the blanket on the bed walking towards the room. She stopped at the door Safaree had his hand on.

"Close your eyes. You too little butt." Safaree said looking down at shana.

"can I open now?"

"No walk in more."

"Ok. Can I open now ?"

"No walk in more nicki."

"But my eyes are closed Safaree."

"You saying you don't trust me."

"No I'm saying I don't wanna fall with this baby in my arms."

"Just walk."

Nicki took two more steps into the room and stopped.

"Ok now Safaree?"

"Man just open ya eyes."

"You sure?"

"Onika!"

"Ok ok. Oh my god Safaree."

"You like it?"

"Like it baby I love it."

The room was now pink and white just like Nicki asked with a white sleigh made crib that had pink bows attached to it. The rocking chair her mother bought sat in a corner of the room. Nickis favorite chair form the baby store sat in the corner with the windows. Caiah picked out a mini pink piano for the baby and Safaree set it up in the room next to Nicki's chair. Shanas initials printed on the wall and carpet and she had little drapes surrounding the bed with a chandelier hanging from the ceiling.

Nicki sat in the rocking chair with Shana and tears rolled down her face she kissed shanas head while Safaree sat on the floor listening to her sing to Shana.

"Some people say we all have an angel
That settles our heart and quiets our mind
When it’s time for sleeping
When it’s time for dreaming
She keeps softly singing
‘Til the sun starts to shine
And she sings a song of love
And she sings a song of peace
And she brings a light from above
Into this world while we sleep
Into this world while we sleep
Some people say we all have an angel
That settles our heart and quiets our mind
When it’s time for sleeping
When it’s time for dreaming
She keeps softly singing
‘Til the sun starts to shine
She keeps softly singing
‘Til the sun starts to shine"

Nicki repeated the song rocking in the chair until she could hear the baby's coos turn into soft snores. She lay Shana in her crib on her back turning on the camera monitor and the night light taking Safarees hand leaving the room.

.....

Nicki lay in the bed on safarees chest both of them enjoying the silence around them. The shades were closed and the tv off. Candles were lit and Safaree sat running his fingers through her hair.

"Safaree?"

"Yes."

"Thank you."

"For."

"I'm not sure how long I have. And I know you are trying to deal with things just like I am. I appreciate that god has sent me a man to go through all of this with because if I was by my self I know I wouldn't have the strength to make it. No matter what happens you give me a peace of mind because I know she has a wonderful dad and I know you will make sure she has only the best. I know she has the best protection. That she will be loved and that she will grow into a beautiful young lady."

"Onika."

"I know you said you wanted me to enjoy my first day home but I am and that needed to be said."

"Ok. I love you and I don't think your going anywhere anytime soon." Safaree said kissing nicki.

Their kisses turned into a lustful session nicki breaking it.

"Why you stop?"

"Because I'm getting bothered and we can't."

"So don't be taking my suga from me just cuz you can't take being bothered."

"It's not that I can't take being bothered I can't take my husband in my king sized bed with a hard gone to waste." Nicki said kissing him again.

"I'm not bothered by that."

"But I am."

"Nicki."

"In time Safaree. Want to shower with me?"

"I just took a shower."

"So is that a no Safaree?" Nicki said sitting up side eying him.

"I would love to. But you know you backwards right?"

"Is that right how so."

"I just wanted a make out session. Now u trying to get me in the shower with all your naked beauty. You backwards."

"Shut up and come on boy."

"Ok start the shower ill be in."

Safaree finished a few text messages planning his last week off work with Nicki and the baby. He wanted her to be comfortable and wanted to cherish every moment he had left with his family. He wanted to take pictures and make sure every moment sleeping or not was remembered for Shana because if they did lose Nicki they would have all the memories of her and he would make sure she remembered her.

Grabbing his towel and Nicki's off the rack in the closet he stepped into the big steering shower with nicki who was sitting on the the side with her eyes closed letting the water hit her body turning her smooth Carmel skin a beat red. She felt his hands on her feet as he sat at the bottom of the shower rubbing up her feet to her legs. She let her head rest against the wall as she enjoyed this pleasure Safaree placing kisses over her stitches and the rest of her body. Her nails traced the back of his head to his neck as she found her way to his ears playing with them. She pulled him to her face by his ears their tongues becoming acquainted once more.

Nicki stood taking the towel and her dove soap lathering up. The gently grazed over her body interrupted by Safaree taking her towel from her. He washed her body gently placing kisses on her neck down her spine to her ass. Nicki moaned closing her eyes. He kissed both of her back dimples on his way back up embracing her in a tight hug.

"In your arms I feel safe."

"In my heart you will forever stay." He said to her softly as he finished washing her body.

They kept the shower going until the water was cold and both were pruned like an old couple. Safaree wrapped Nicki in her towel and helped her out the shower doing the same for him self. He put on a pair of shorts and helped Nicki rub her lotions on her body. Her now grabbing one of his clean shirts and tossing it over her head. She climbed the stepping stool to the bed and got under the comforters on her side. She stared at the monster at her sleeping child until she drifted off to sleep.

......

The sun kissed nickis face as she glanced over at the monitor she could see Safaree in the rocking chair feeding shana. His lips were moving but she couldn't make out what he was saying to her. She turned up the monitor and listened to him talk.

"You didn't tell mommy I sang to you did you? You can't be telling on daddy. That's a song from me to you it's our little secret. "

"He sang." Nicki said now sitting on her elbows watching them as though she was watching some sort of tv show.

The baby cooed as Safaree continued to talk he sat her up on his knees holding the back of her head for support. As he rocked back and fourth in the chair. Jamie foxx heaven played from his iPod as he softly sang along to the words.

Nicki watched until she saw him get up and head for the door. She turned the monitor back off and pretended to still be sleep.

Safaree walked into the room still talking to the baby glancing at the bed sitting on his side.
Nicki rubbed at her face turning over with a smile looking at Shana in Safarees big arms.

"Good morning mommy."

"Good morning." Nicki said with a huge grin plastered on her face.

"Why the big smile?"

"No reason I'm happy Safaree."

"Good I plan to keep you that way get up and get dressed we goin out."

"But I don't want to take her out won't she get sick."

"Nicki it's 75 degrees out she will be fine. Don't be over protective that's my job."

"Where we goin?"

"This spot I know."

"Where we goin Safaree ? I need to know what to wear."

"Something cute a sun dress like the one Shana has on or something." He said fixing at the pink yellow sundress Shana had on. Placing her on her back so he could put on her little pearl shoes.

" ok. She said quickly going in the bathroom to shower and get dressed."

Nicki looked over her self in the mirror her hair half up in a pony with the rest of her curls down her back. She smoothed down the yellow sundress and checked how her shoes looked with the dress in the full length mirror. She looked as though she was on her way to church she thought.

She opened the bathroom door to Safaree sitting with Shana on the bed his shoes on the sheets made her mad but she got over it quickly seeing him in his polo.

"I'm not over dressed am I?"

"Nope let's go."

"Safaree we look like weirdos."

"No we don't I promise come on."

Safaree placed Shana in her car seat and made sure to secure it in the back of the range. He opened Nicki's door and helped her in. He drove to a near by park that was off the water.

There was a tree where he often sat when him and nicki got into it to clear his head. He was excited to share this special place with his wife and child. Under the tree laid a quilt he had his mother make. A basket full of fruits and veggies cake and lunch for them both. He also had a bottle of wine for them to sit and enjoy while they talked.

"Safaree."

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Because I want to spend the rest of my time off with the two most beautiful things god placed in my life."















8 comments:

  1. This was beautiful. The love between the two of them as well as their love with Shana is beautiful. I love this story, it's relatable for me but I won't get into that. I'm glad to see things are going well with the three of them and I need it to stay that way. Great chapter post soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwwww this chapter was too cute for word Muny. Awwww at his little picnic under the tree lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^___^ This was so freaking cute!! I can't believe I've never read any of your stuff before, like why am I only now just finding it?! Well, I'm abouta go follow anyways 'cause I loved this! Please post soon :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is cute and I love how they're so attached nick was bugging about the room. And shame on her getting the nurses in trouble sneaking in food for her. And Shana is too cute

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, this was cute. They are cute! I'm glad they're enjoying each other and the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwe this was cute. Im glad that all of them are happy together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This bought tears to my eyes :') awwwwww post soon girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. when u gon post another Chap?? @shaky_ja

    ReplyDelete